Bachelor’s degree program conducted in Tunis, Sousse and Sfax
180 crédit ECTS
Internships provided for 100% of students,
Internships and Practical Work represent 50% of the curriculum
12 years of training expertise
A wide variety of internships in specialized establishments and services:
- Kassab Orthopedics Institute: Physical medicine, pediatric and adult orthopedics, traumatology, rheumatology…
- Abderrahmane Mami Hospital: Pediatric and adult pulmonology, thoracic surgery.
- INN: Neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-pediatrics
- National Center of Medicine and Sports Sciences.
- Hydrotherapy internship and visit to specialized centers
The Physiotherapist provides care, on medical prescription, to patients of all ages from infants to the elderly. His know-how covers postoperative or post-traumatic rehabilitation and a wide array of pathologies such as neurological disorders, paralysis, respiratory, circulatory or rheumatic diseases, sports traumas or injuries related to life accidents.
The Physiotherapist can also intervene without a medical prescription to perform specific massages to treat torticollis, back pain… or provide practical advice on postural behavior.
Most physiotherapists work as private practitioners in their own offices.
They may work as full-time employees in public hospitals or private facilities, or on a part-time basis in various facilities such as:
- Thalassotherapy centers
- Pilates laboratories
- Private clinics
- Rehabilitation centers
- Retirement homes
- Disabled people’s associations
- Sports associations as physical trainers or physiotherapists
NB: graduates of this specialty can register for a Masters ‘Advanced in age, disability and physical activity
- Holders of a Baccalaureate or an equivalent diploma are admitted to the first year of the Bachelor’s degree course.
- Students who have completed respectively one or two years of graduate studies in the same or in related specialties are admitted to the 2nd or 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree course.
- Admission to the 3rd year is also based on academic record for holders of a higher technician diploma (DEST, DUT) or a diploma attesting to undergraduate studies (DEUPC) in the specialty or related specialties.